indiana jones and the kingdom of the fucking skull












The time was 1145 and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was on at 1210. MLL and I got out tickets and a huge ass popcorn before going in. The popcorn was my idea, actually both of us was not popcorn fans but it has been so long since I had one. The cinema show time in Kuantan is so good that at 1206 the trailer for Batman: the Dark Knight came on and even before it was 1210, the show started already …. After 19 years waiting for a next sequel to the Indiana Jones series, Steven Spielberg, again gangs up with George Boy Toy Lucas to create a new installment for Mr. Han Solo – Harrison ford. To be frank Indiana Jones series should stay in the 80s because this movie just gives me the whole lame 80s adventure feel to it, but if you are into that, I guess this show is for you. But I think the success of the movie relies heavily on the public's nostalgia for the series. The setting was 1957 (19 years after Indian Jones and the Last Crusade). The movie tries to tie up loose knots, like what happen to the Old Dean in his University where he was teaching - Marcus and his dad and old lover Marion Ravenwood from the Raiders of the Lost Ark. To me this movie is a cross breed between X-files and the old Indiana Jones with a touch of the Da Vinci Code’s suspense. About the Babe factor in this movie – none: Marion Ravenwood who played by Karen Allen was soooo old and Comrade Spalko who was played by Cate Blanchett( who I think is hot as an elf) wore so much clothes that I don’t even recall seeing her elbow. Things to look out for are the Ark Covenant which made its cameo in the Military warehouse chase at the beginning of the movie and this time instead of fighting the Nazi they were fighting the KGB. Overall, this movie is nothing to shout about (Half way through the movie I actually it would end faster). Go watch it only if you are free. I had a tummy ache after the movie mainly because of the extra butter I asked for on my pop corn I guess, that is why no KFC for me today, bummer.



RATE ME



heaven
the best
pretty good
okay
pretty bad
the worst
hell