It's U2 Day

































































































In my iPod:
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - U2
[download]
State of mind: Exhilarated
Location: Bed







Album cover: by Japanese photographer Hiroshi Sugimoto.

Hooray it is U2 Day!!! Well, it isn't today and it wasn't yesterday too, it was actually the day before. But I just couldn't get my dirty hands on their digital CD (when I mean digital, it means free, who the fuck wanna pay for digital stuff when you have rapid share and you can download it for free?) that is why U2 Day is today for me. You know the fucked up thing is, just within an hour on their released of their new CD “No Line on The Horizon”, link to download their full CD was everywhere on the internet but I was just a couple of hours late , almost all the links were taken down by the fucking host. But thanks to Google alert, I was able to find a fresh link and now the whole CD is playing in my iPod.

So you might be thinking if I am such a big fan of U2 why I didn't buy it instead of downloading it. Well, these days only suckers buy CD when there are just released. Let me tell you fucking why, because somewhere along the line, within 5 to 6 months, the band are just going to re-issue a special edition of the CD with extra everything and that would completely make me feel like a fucking idiot for buying the first edition CD. So you get what the fuck I mean right? I think some of you have been down that road and it almost felt like you are being butt fucked.

After 5 years, let me repeat that 5 years of wait, the greatest band in the fucking universe is back with 11 tracks. Well, some of you might think that I have a change of heart because I have always been for Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails. To be frank, my all time favorite band is U2 (not Manson and Nine Inch Nails but they are very close). I never scream and shout my undying love for this band in my blog is because I never had a chance to because they never seem to come up with new stuff except for now. Their last CD “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb” was in 2004 and I haven't even started blogging for fucks sake.



I practically grow up with U2 because my sister was a U2 freak and that was how I gotten into them. While the rest of the kids were listening to new wave pop crap, I was listening to Bono, the Edge, Adam and Larry's alternative rock shit. I learned how to hum “With or Without You” before I could sing “Baa Baa Black Sheep”. The first fucking tune I could play on the guitar wasn't Romance d'Amore but it was the riff from “Where the Streets Have No Name”. Hey, even my first iPod was the U2 iPod but I fucking regretted giving it to one of my ex-girlfriend. Do you think it is too much to ask it back from her now?

So, I am just going to celebrate U2 day by kicking back and do completely nothing. With my ears deeply jacked into my iPod , I am going to fucking dissect "No Line on the Horizon". You know this album is just sounded so unfamiliar to me, maybe I was expecting something that sounded like the last 2 albums. I think I am just going to keep a clear mind and brood on it, maybe I will find something that I like.