xniquet's rejuvenation playlist: rainy day











Someone turned off the sun today, it was cloudy and it rained for a while but it was good enough to back off the heat wave. I was feeling lazy and in a jazzy mood. I decided to say “fuck” to work, sit back and discover some jazz music with my buddy – woawoa. I have lots of Jazz music just sitting in my hard disk, waiting to be discovered. I came up with a list of 7 songs that not only relaxes but rejuvenates too. It’s great to listen to when you are doing mask or just lazing on the bed reading or basically just trying hard to do nothing.


















Chris Botti & Jonatha Brooke/Forgiven
I came to know Chris Botti from Soo, and later I found out that he was a trumpeter for Sting’s live concerts. I was never a big fan of the sound of trumpets but Chris Botti completely changed my mind. The way he arranged his songs and when the trumpet comes in makes this sound so sensual and rejuvenating. The guest vocal just fits this song like a glove.
Michael Nyman/The Scent of Love
My favorite track from the Piano soundtrack; the piano and then the strings comes in the end is just simply soothing.
Norah Jones/Humble Me
A soft and sweet acoustic number from Norah Jones’ second album Feel like Home. This is one of my favorite tracks in that album
Madeleine Peyroux/(Looking for)The Heart of Saturday Night
I don’t know much about her but this CD of hers makes me feel like another Norah Jones in the making.
House of Flying Daggers/Lovers - Flower Garden
This track just makes me feels like floating; it has the soft feeling to it.
Frank Sinatra/I’ve Got You under My Skin
My favorite Sinatra’s song; it is uplifting every time I listen to it. There is another version of this song which is taken from U2’s Stay single’s B-side. It features Sinatra and Bono doing a dual on this song. I am not saying that that version isn’t great but I am in for the original today.
Nina Simone/My Baby Cares for Me
I was introduced to Nina Simone after my CSI: Las Vegas marathon. I can’t recall what the guy’s name is but he is the only black guy on the CSI team and he is a sucker for Nina Simone. This is one of the tracks I managed to download, Even though this track is recorded in 1958 but it is re-mastered and I just love the vibe to this song.











I was at the backyard with woawoa. Its 2pm and look at the sky, dark clouds are forming.


...........................................................................................................................................................................










Looks like it is going to pour, Yay! No more “Hot like Hell” afternoon and hiding in the air-condition room.


...........................................................................................................................................................................










No work going on here, I didn’t even turn on my Lappy.


...........................................................................................................................................................................









woawoa just loves hanging out in the backyard and camwhoring but excuse her mouth la, so dirty….



...........................................................................................................................................................................










I was like a tub of lard, lying on my bed, doing mask and listening to music all day long.


...........................................................................................................................................................................











I guess I wasn’t the only one.


...........................................................................................................................................................................











woawoa was enjoying the Sponge Bob Square Pants CD that I got her.

...........................................................................................................................................................................



On Kopitiams on xniquet's turf
That was practically how we spend our rainy afternoons here; just kicking back and listening to songs all day long and living up as a bums/Beach bums….Hahaha. Anyway, the long vacant house next door has finally been rented out. Kemaman Kopitiam[Chinaman’s version of Starbucks] (KK) which is one of the most successful Kopitiam (3 branches in a bloody small town like Kuantan) rented it and turned it into a damn hostel for foreign workers. The story behind KK: Once there was an old man who lived in Kemaman a hick ass town an hour away from Kuantan. This old guy builds a coffee empire and people all around came just to drink his coffee (Hai Peng Coffee). He left his business to his daughter who was married at that time to the guy who is the current owner of KK. But they got divorce and he came to Kuantan and started KK. After his success, Kopitiams are opening every fucking where in Kuantan, just like a venereal disease that spreads across our beautiful beach town. Besides having to hear them singing their Bangala song during 7-8 pm (I suspect it’s their shower time) and sometimes later at night, we can smell curry every day. I have nothing against them as long as they don’t pollute the surrounds with their garbage I am cool.


Related post:
Tale of a Modern Slavery: Right Next Door to Hell


RATE ME


heaven
the best
pretty good
okay
pretty bad
the worst
hell