Voodoo for Dummies: Retrieval Hex



While I was chatting with the Princess today, I was whining to her about my missing mobile phone. I told her that I tried calling it, hoping to hear the ringing tone but maybe I switched it to vibrate or something, so I didn’t hear shit. You know I got the weirdest response from her when she asked me if I have a “Katak” (frog)? First thing that crossed my mind was maybe she is going to show me an ancient druid spell that involves the use of frogs to find my missing phone. Maybe like tying a string to a frog’s leg and then show the model of my phone and the telco. company to the frog and the frog will lead me to the missing phone - that sort of hocus pocus trick. So I asked her why? Then only I realized that she typed “Kakak” not “Katak”. Kakak is a term people here used for their maids. So obviously she was just asking me to ask my maid to help me find the phone and not teaching me to cast a spell. Too bad I don’t have a Kakak at home.

Anyway, today I am going to teach you how to cast a spell/hex since I am going to cast it to find my missing phone. It’s a retrieval hex and it is really simple, you don’t have to attend any school of witchcraft and wizardry to cast it. It’s a very useful spell that helps you to track down and retrieve the things that you misplaced, like mobile phones, keys or the TV remotes.

What you need are:

A pendulum
A chalk
A black candle
Ambient/ Eerie tune


The Setup:

Use the chalk and draw (on the ground) two lines intersecting at right angles and draw a circle around the intersection point. Label one line YES and the one NO. Alternatively you can use a piece of paper to draw the diagram.

Light the black candle and turn on whichever eerie tune that you have. My recommendation is the song “I Put a Spell on You”. If you are into alternative rock you can choose the rendition which Marilyn Manson did or if you are into jazz and softer stuff you can choose the version of that song sung by Nina Simone.

Hold a pendulum between your index and thumb finger so that the weight is suspended about 2 inches above the centre of the circle.

Rest your elbow on the table and relax your mind by taking a couple of slow, deep breaths, then breathing normally.

Think of the word YES. It may take a minute, but eventually your hands will begin to move subtly, causing the pendulum to swing along the Yes axis as if you were nodding your head in the affirmative. Repeat for NO.


If pendulum swings along NO following the pink arrows, means NO
If pendulum swings along YES following the white arrow, means YES


To Find Misplaced Objects

Ask the pendulum yes-or-no question, such as …Are my Keys outside? Did I leave my phone inside the car? Are they upstairs? If you subconsciously know where you left them, the pendulum swing will tell you the answer. Actually, there is nothing supernatural about this; it’s based on ideomotor response – a thought triggering a physical response. Try it to retrieve information from your subconscious. It’s particularly useful when your conscious mind is at a dead end and you’re drawing blank. If you truly don’t know where they are – someone took it or stole it, or they fell through a hole in your pocket – you may not be able to track them using this trick. The black candle and ambient background is nothing, it’s just to give you something extra to do like scrapping the wax off the floor …:P