The Day They Turned Off the Sun

In my iPod: Dreamland - Our Lady Peace
[download]
State of mind: Bummed out
Location: Mumbai, India







This marks the longest interval between 2 posts in these two years of my 3 year blogging career. There are many factors that contributed to this phenomenon. I could say a million things like I was too busy with my sitar class; I have a writer’s block …etc. I’d really love to say that my current mundane life is not worth blogging about. Wouldn’t it be a great injustice if I let my readers read about how I started using soap again and fell in love with it after being a shower cream junkie for years; or how I loathe waking up early in the morning and found out that the day is so much longer but only to find that I had nothing to do. But the only valid reason I can think of is me playing way too much Mafia Wars on Facebook. It’s like a fucking shackle attached to your feet, once you are stuck with it. Every time you wanna quit the game to do something else, you realized that the countdown clock is about to strike and you might as well stay awhile and finished that round. And it keeps going on and on and on like an unending cycle. And before you know it, you have been sitting in front of your notebook like for hours. I hope that this is just one of momentary craze that I am having because I really don’t wanna turn into a fucking geek with glasses as big as the monitor and has a level 626 characters. I’ve seen one of them motherfuckers and it is scary. My life maybe mundane right now, but I think it is kinda in a happy zone right now because I think I am making a connection with someone which I am beginning to fall head over heels for. Maybe I would tell you more about it in my next post.



It was almost like night time during the day yesterday because India experienced the longest solar eclipse this century but this freak right here decided to stay in and play Mafia Wars instead of witnessing this historical event. The fucking Hindus believed that pregnant ladies are to stay indoors to avoid giving birth defects to their unborn infant, while the others are urged to pray, fast and bath in the Ganga. They believe that the two demons Rahu and Ketu are said to "swallow" the sun during eclipses, snuffing out its life-giving light and causing food to become inedible and water undrinkable. If that was true wouldn’t it be way much cooler than the crap they teach you in science class about how the moon is in the way of the sun. For many of these curry soothsayer believes that this is an omen for the bad things that are going to happened so enough. A Mumbai astrologer shit predicted that some sort of attack by Jaish-e-Mohammad or Al-Qaeda on Indian soil and a devastating natural disaster in Southeast Asia. Should I be living in fear now?



Believe it or not, even to this day, many married couples who are going to have caesarian deliveries, asked their doctor to reschedule. This is a belief deeply rooted in Indian society; they are willing to do anything to ensure that the baby is not born on that day. Hey, I may not be pregnant but to be safe, I think I’ll stay in another day just in case.

*continues to play Mafia Wars.



P.s. I think hit and run post like this are indicators that I am losing interest in blogging but we will see how it all goes



xniquet's journey across India