xniquet's cooking playlist: chef from hell not hell's kitchen












I had my iPod run on music from the 80’s today….


Blondie/The Tide is High 1980
A very Reggae like song, I just love the horn section. A cult favorite.
ABBA/One of Us 1981
I practically grew up listening to ABBA because my mum and my aunt just adore them. This is one of my favorite songs from their album “The Visitors”. In those days, they weren’t any CDs, just cassettes and don’t we all know that cassettes have a darn short life span. I am just happy that I got hold of a MP3 CD with almost every ABBA song.
Michael Jackson/ Beat It 1982
During that time, everyone just goes “Beat it” and I was like going “Beat it” too and not knowing what it means. I sang “Beat it” to all my parents’ friends and relative, to the nice people in church and to my kindergarten teachers. My favorite part of this song is the guitar solo by one of earth’s best guitarist Eddie Van Halen.
David Bowie/Let’s Dance 1983
I am in love with this song but not much of my friends like this one. Now they are slowly getting the hold of it ever since we started singing aloud at Hard Rock Café every time they play this song. “And if you say run, I’ll run with you, if you say hide, we’ll hide…hide…hide ….Because my love for you ……”
Madonna/ Like a Virgin 1984
Somehow this is a song that is hard to avoid if you live thru the 1980s. Every time I listen to this song , I will get “horny”…NO, I will be reminded of the diner’s conversation scene in “Reservoirs Dogs”..hahaha, if you have never seen that movie, go watch it. Something you must do before you die.
Phil Collins/One More Night 1985
This song brings back memories while I was studying for my SPM. It’s our theme song. “Please give me, One More Night, and I will start studying tomorrow ;p”
Depeche Mode/ Stripped 1986
The 80’s will never be the same is there isn’t any Depeche Mode.
U2/With or Without You 1987
No doubt about it, this is my all time favorite song. The fact that it is written, recorded and produced in the 80’s but it is one of the songs that is somewhat out of its time. If you never heard this song before, you would never have thought that it came out of the 80’s.
Johnny Hates Jazz/ Shattered Dreams 1988
One of a great song that came out towards the end of the 80’s era. “I thought that it was you that would do me no wrong….I feel like run away, run away from this empty heart….”
Janet Jackson/Black Cat
This is one of the hardest rocking songs from Janet taken from her Rhythm Nation 1814 which was voted by Rolling Stones to be one of the greatest 500 albums of that Era. There is something really similar with this song and Michael Jackson’s “Beat It”. NO it is not that the fact that both of them are sang by members of the Jackson family, but both songs features great guest guitarist. This song featured Nuno Bettencourt who I simply worship. Read this. The riff in this song is simply orgasmic.

There are so many great songs from the 80’s but these songs ended up playing because I shuffled my 80’s playlist. If you are going through your music library now, look into the 80’s, you might find something that you like there.


The Chef
It’s been awhile since I cooked for my parents, so I happily told them a famous chef is in town and is going to make them dinner tonight. So I happily went to the nearby supermarket to get all the stuff needed for dinner. I was planning of making a Meatloaf for them. Dinner is usually at around 7pm, so I started at 5pm and that would give me sufficient time to cook up a masterpiece. I got this recipe while watching Martha Stewart, I didn’t write it down but it was simple and I think I have a good memory.


Meatloaf…
What you need:
boiled potatoes
mashed up
onion and some garlic
peeled tomato
chili
bread crumbs
parsley
minced meat
one egg beaten
How you do it:
Mixed the bread crumbs and mesh potatoes with some flavoring. Add a table spoon of butter, some salt and pepper for taste. Add in the chili, parsley, peeled tomato, onion and garlic and meat. For taste add tomato sauce and sugar. Add in the beaten egg into the mixture but leave a little to spread it on top of the meatloaf. Grease the container and compact the mixture into the container. I couldn’t locate where my mum kept her bread loaf container so I used a pie container instead. Add some tomato sauce in the left over egg and evenly spread it on top of the meatloaf; baked it in the oven at 230 degrees for an hour.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And dinner is NOT serve :(



Fuck me!!
Fuck me sideways!!

I guess my memory wasn’t that good after, all instead of half an hour in the oven; I left it for an hour…. I guess Pizza is on tonight’s menu.





RATE ME


heaven
the best
pretty good
okay
pretty bad
the worst
hell